About the dojo
Mountain View Aiki Kai began in 2006 when a collection of students sought training in an ancient art from an experienced teacher. Since then, the growing martial arts school has continuously run four days a week under the same guiding principles.
All training at MVAK is firmly rooted in the functional. We hope to preserve what has worked in the past while also evolving so that our skills can be effectively applied in any situation. In practice, this means always training outdoors and fusing traditional martial arts with high adventure in the wilderness four times a year to challenge and push ourselves to our limits.
MVAK attracts and retains students from all walks of life who share an underlying thirst for self-expression. In our students, we seek to cultivate fighting ability as well as personal growth and wisdom. We have no interest in pushing our students to follow a particular ideology; rather, we hope to aid each student on his or her individual path of self-discovery.
We also warmly welcome those who value community and contribution. All funds from MVAK tuition are donated to those in need.
Please note – MVAK is not a place for people seeking quick martial arts credentials or accolades. Training is a serious commitment that requires discipline, and we hold each member of the dojo accountable for his or her actions and words.
We humbly welcome those interested in undertaking a rigorous and rewarding journey to join us. Up for the challenge?
For more information about MVAK, please read our FAQs.
- Kita Yama Dojo – Phoenix, AZ – Lunia Sensei spent over two years studying under the direct supervision of Vilaire & Sastri Sensei, 3x/week
- Mastering Aiki - An online learning platform for the indoor students of MVAK and Aikijujutsu India
- Wind Storm Dojo – Bangalore, India – Jodige Sensei, India Headquarters.
- Radical Change Group – A group of friends (Mahipal Lunia, Sergey Berezin and Arman Darini) aiming to change the way transformational teachings are shared. Martial Arts philosophy is one of the major pillars in these teachings.
- National Park Service – For providing the backcountry on many of our training trips